Print this article
Birch Creek Film Brings Together Films, Food, Jazz
(originally released on
Justin Routt/Birch Creek Films invites you to their second short film festival, Friday, September 30th at the DoubleTree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, 1717 N. Bayshore Drive in Miami. There will be five short films, a special live performance by Charlie Grisby from American Idol, live music by the jazz band "FlashPointe", and complimentary hors d'ouvres.
This mini short film festival starts at 8 P.M. Tickets are $25. Students are $20. Pay at the door. Ticket price includes live music by Flashpointe, five award winning short films, live performances by Charlie Grisby from American Idol, complimentary hors d'ouvres, prepared by the chef at the Hilton, unbelievable drink specials, networking, dancing, and a film event like no other.
Flashpointe percussionist Ignacio Nunez, has played with the band Bacilos, receiving a total of three Grammys. He also received a gold record for his recording with Josh Stone. Flashpointe has performed with Nestor Torres, Bella Fleck and the FleckTones, Tom Grant, Iko Iko, Gerald Dimitri, and Joe Donato, to name a few. Additionally, Flashpointe features Paul Messina, one of the top jazz flutists in S. Florida. Paul performed the national anthem at numerous Florida Marlins Games during their World Series championship season.
1. "St. Paul", produced by Kulture Machine: A young atheist loses his faith in reason, and when his girlfriend follows in his steps, he begins to see things in a different light.
Kulture machine has been featured in many press articles such as Filmmaker, who described them as one of the 25 newest faces of Independent film, and the Hollywood Reporter, where director Dennis Lee was featured for his directorial debut on the New Line Cinema comedy series, "Slay the Bull". Dennis collected the DGA Award for best Asian American student filmmaker. Partner and co-producer/director Francisco Ordonez, has written pilots for Spanish television, and is developing a feature with Kinetic Entertainment. Team member Joe Turner Lin, is a writer and producer and a finalist in the 2004 Student Oscars. Together, this team of emerging filmmakers has produced seven independent short features and has received major press and is moving towards producing their first full-length feature.
2. "The Fourth", produced by the Varava Brothers: A comedy about big dreams in life, which are controlled by the shorts three men wear in the morning exercise ritual. The Fourth was the winner in the Seattle Film festival, Malibu film festival, L.A. International film festival, and seven others.
3. "West Bank Story": A comedy about competing falafel stands in the West bank, and a plan to create world peace. Official Selection in the Sundance film festival, and also featured in the HBO Comedy Arts film festival, Malibu, USA, Boston, and 28 more film festivals, winning numerous awards.
4. "The Latin Lover": A comedy about a geek, who believes he is the descendent of great Latin Lovers, who tries desperately to win the love of a woman. His failures lead him to a show down to prove his love and overcome his ineptitudes. The Latin Lover is the work of emerging filmmakers Wilmer Valderrama, Cameron Richardson, Lin Sjhaye, Glenn Hoeffner, and James Price. This film will keep you laughing throughout.
5. "The Firefighter": A movie about a firefighter who struggles with his liberal mentality, once being a draft dodger in the Vietnam war, who changes after his experience working at the World Trade Centers during the 9/11 events. This is not a documentary, but rather, a drama.
If you would like more information about Birch Creek Films, please visit their website, http://www.bcfs.us
Digg this article! Subscribe